This course is structured over a 9-week cycle that you can start at any time. You will cover all of the basic concepts and poses, develop confidence in your practice and focus on themes such as backbends or hip openers. This course is extremely popular with all levels of students because of its focused structure. No specific booking date required.
What to expect
This course appeals to totally new students as well as advanced students wishing to hone their practice. You’ll be taught to move into, hold and come out of postures correctly and safely, with complete explanations. You’ll practice simple breathing exercises and meditation techniques.
While our classes are loosely divided between hatha or vinyasa, we suggest you go to the teachers pages to read about each teacher and decide which class may be best for you.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain
- balancing body, mind and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
A few general reminders:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel.