The foundations and strength classes are great for surfers, runners, cyclists, swimmers and anyone that does any physical activity. They are also great for those of us wanting to work deeper into our yoga practice and alignment. The classes draw upon the Iyengar and Ashtanga styles of the asana practice. This approach to yoga works on flexibility, balance, agility, endurance, core, and overall strength. This class combines both slow movement and flow sequences and we also work into inversions and backbends. The foundations and strength classes are suitable for all levels of yoga experience and are also perfect for men as we work on releasing tight shoulders, hips and hamstrings.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain;
- balancing body, mind and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
A few general reminders:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel.