Ideal for both beginner students and also more advanced students who would like a deeper practice beyond asana, exploring breathwork & meditation.
What to expect
Our deep hatha yoga classes consist of long held standing and floor hatha poses to build muscle, strength and flexibility. Lengthy pranayama and meditation to deeply calm the mind and expand the practice within the mind and body. All classes have a final relaxation pose in order to integrate the session and some classes include mantra as well.
Assumes knowledge of the fundamentals of yoga.
While our classes are loosely divided between hatha or vinyasa, we suggest you go to the teachers pages to read about each teacher and decide which class may be best for you.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain;
- balancing body, mind and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
A few general reminders:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel.