Ideal for both beginner students and also more advanced students who would like a slower practice and a chance to fine-tune their alignment
What to expect
Our hatha yoga classes consist of a short meditation, breathing exercises, sun salutations (not always), standing and seated postures. This strengthens, cleanses and relaxes your body and mind. All classes have a final relaxation pose in order to integrate the session and some classes include mantra as well.
Basic poses are workshopped over a nine week program.
Assumes knowledge of the fundamentals of yoga.
While our classes are loosely divided between hatha or vinyasa, we suggest you go to the teachers pages to read about each teacher and decide which class may be best for you.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain;
- balancing body, mind and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
A few general reminders:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel.