What to expect
This practice can be particularly beneficial to those with chronic pain or physical limitations. Restorative yoga is gentle and can emphasize props for support and relaxation. It is also a great addition once a week to an otherwise more dynamic practice, melting stress and tension.
Suitable for all ages and all levels. A gentle class focusing on relaxation and the more meditative aspects of yoga.
While our classes are loosely divided between hatha or vinyasa, we suggest you go to the teachers pages to read about each teacher and decide which class may be best for you.
Each class is based on the same approach:
- taking you in and out of postures correctly and safely
- using the breath for its many purposes such as clearing the mind and helping with day to day life, or dealing with pain;
- balancing body, mind and spirit to enhance all that you do in life.
A few general reminders:
- We supply mats, but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- If you can, try not to eat an hour and a half before a class (life is busy, bananas are a great snack if you have to eat).
- Try not to over hydrate before a class—a little water goes a long way. We supply filtered drinking water!
- Bring a towel.