Walama Muru is a volunteer run program partnered with UNSW student organisation Arc, that aims at connecting both indigenous and non-indigenous students, communties and cultures through the development of respect and understanding.
Each year volunteers travel to regional Indigenous communities to build on closer cultural ties whilst providing opportunites to develop skills in leadership, management, organisation, cross-cultural communications and raising awareness around Indigenous issues both within UNSW and surrounding communities.
Walama Muru has an amazing and life altering effect on both the Indigenous community and also the volunteers involved. From working alongside other Indigenous and non-Indigenous students, volunteers are connecting with Indigenous cultures and issues to deliver an overarching contribution to reconciliation in our country.
How you can help.
This is a self funded program that relies on the generosity of individuals and organisations that share in the vision for reconciliation and wish to support these development projects. The develop and work this program is able to deliver is solely determined by the amount of funds raised.
- To contribute to the amazing work of these student volunteers individuals and organisations can make monetary dontations to:
- Donate goods or services to the Annual Trivia Night. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 02 9385 9840
- Recognised as sponsor on Facebook group
- Recognised as sponsor on Walama Muru webpage
- Official thank you during the Walama Muru Annual Trivia Night
As above, plus;
- Logo on volunteer shirt (if sponsor comes on board after t-shirts have been made, there is the option of logo going on next year’s shirt)
- Logo, banners and branded merchandise visible during every bake sale, BBQ, movie night and Walama Annual Trivia Night (combined reach of approximately 2000 people)
- Sponsorship recognised in Arc @ UNSW Blitz Magazine (readership of 30,000)
- Option of coming on the trip
- Recognised as major sponsor on all Walama branding
For more information feel free to contact Walama Muru: email@example.com | 02 9385 9840